Will you lose weight if you stop eating rice? Well, it depends. Generally though, yes, you will lose weight if you stop eating rice,
But only IF:
- You usually eat rice more than 5 times per week.
- When you eat it, rice is the main carbohydrate (starch) component of your meals.
- You do not replace the missing rice portion with an equal or greater source of calories. For example, by replacing a cup of rice with a cup of corn.
- Less food is eaten overall as a result of the skipped rice. If you stop eating rice, but start eating extra afternoon snacks at the same time, you might not change your overall calorie intake much.
- You can stop eating rice for long enough to maintain a calorie deficit for long enough so that your body metabolises fat.
So yes, you will generally lose weight if you stop eating rice. However, cutting rice out altogether is not recommended, because doing so might make your diet too low in carbs. Instead, you can follow these 3 steps to make your rice less calorific.