Welcome to the Calorie Counter Australia blog!
- Calories in ToothpasteEver wondered if there are calories in toothpaste? The short and simple answer is yes, most toothpastes contain calories. […]
- Low Carb Bread in Australia (lowest to highest)Our simple list of low carb bread available in Australia, ranked from lowest to highest carbohydrates per 100 grams. […]
- 5 Components of Fitness: Test Yourself!Use the 5 Components of Fitness to test your level of fitness. Calorie is King, but it is still […]
- Pecan VS Walnut Differences ExplainedPecan versus walnut, which to choose? Pecans and Walnuts are from the same Hickory fruit family and thus often […]
- Calories in Freemans Organic Farm ProduceFreemans Organic Farm, located in Queensland’s Currumbin Valley deep in the Gold Coast Hinterland is nothing short of a […]
- Will I lose Weight if I Stop Eating Rice?Yes, you will lose weight if you stop eating rice, IF: You usually eat rice more than 5 times […]
- Low Calorie Snacks from Coles (-100 kcal/serve)Next time you do a pantry refill, consider this list of low calorie snacks from Coles. Arranged from low […]
- Can Onion and Colgate Reduce Belly Fat?Overheard at the office coffee machine: “Can onion and Colgate really get rid of belly fat? Really? Awesome! I’m […]
- 7 Actual Ways to Lose Weight Fast in 2 WeeksHow is it possible to lose weight fast in 2 weeks at home, whilst doing things that come somewhat […]
- Overcooked Bacon, don’t Toss it Out!Overcooked bacon might not be appetising, but there’s an overwhelmingly good reason you should prefer it to perfectly done […]
- Lose Weight Naturally, do this 1 ThingThis is a short (very short) post about how to lose weight naturally by doing just one thing. And […]
- Macros and Calories in My Muscle Chef’s 7 Best MealsHow do the calories and macros in My Muscle Chef’s 7 most popular meals stack up? Let’s peel back […]
- Does Sweating Burn Fat?No, sweating does not burn fat. In fact, sweat (perspiration) might not even be an indication that you are […]
- 34 Domino’s Pizza Calories: Lowest to Highest by SliceYou’ve seen our post on calories in generic pizza by the slice, and the one about Pizza Hut, and […]
- Calories in 16 types of WhopperLet’s take a quick look at calories in the Whopper, that legendary burger which calls Hungry Jack’s (a.k.a. Burger […]
- Lemon Rind, so about that Zest…Lemon zest is the top part of lemon rind after it has been scraped, cut, grated, peeled, or pared […]
- What is Double Cream?What is double cream? Here’s your answer: Cream is Fatty Milk In the past, cream was “made” by skimming […]
- Salt has NO Calories, BUT…Dieters should avoid salt when trying to lose weight, but since salt has no calories, why? Salt is, without […]
- Calories in 28 Pizza Hut Pizzas (with pictures)Here, we riffle through the Pizza Hut menu to find out how many calories there are in their large […]
- Finger Limes DemystifiedFinger limes are becoming “a thing” now, but not many people know much about them. Read this to surprise […]
Please let us know if there is a particular topic that you would like us to research and write about. See our About page for contact details, send us a note and we will get on to it.
There’s lots more to read!
- Your Watch can be Used Against YouWhen you buy a smart phone, smart watch or wearable fitness tracker (like Fitbit), you are probably not thinking about what impact it might have on your insurance premiums. Tracking your Lifestyle But, if you think about it, devices like these are used to track important health metrics like your heart rate, the amount of exercise you ...
- 2 Ways to make your own Almond MilkEven if you have never tried it before, you have surely seen almond milk in your local supermarket, but what exactly is almond milk? The simple answer is that it is a plant milk made from almonds. It is usually marketed to people who are lactose intolerant or vegan, because it does not contain lactose ...
- Make Your Own Hamburger PattyChange is the only constant, food trends happen, but the hamburger abides. From the first time that a person flattened a meatball and put it in between two pieces of bread, the hamburger has satisfied. Quick to cook and fast to eat, the hamburger is easily portable and energy dense. It delivers a blast of pure ...
- How to Change Your Bad HabitIn the last post, we described how hard it is to change a bad habit. We made the point that if it is particularly difficult for you to change habits, the reason is probably because your character is too strong. Character is “who you are” and who you are is made up of a combination of ...
- You are Probably Too Strong to change your Bad HabitWe see something wrong with the way things are, so we think of ways to fix it. Sometimes the “something wrong” is a headache or a shiver. Things like that can be fixed with a once-off solution like a pill or a doona. Sometimes the “something wrong” is an unhealthy body weight or constant tiredness or low ...