Welcome to the Calorie Counter Australia blog!
- Calories in ToothpasteEver wondered if there are calories in toothpaste? The short and simple answer is yes, most toothpastes contain calories. […]
- Low Carb Bread in Australia (lowest to highest)Our simple list of low carb bread available in Australia, ranked from lowest to highest carbohydrates per 100 grams. […]
- 5 Components of Fitness: Test Yourself!Use the 5 Components of Fitness to test your level of fitness. Calorie is King, but it is still […]
- Pecan VS Walnut Differences ExplainedPecan versus walnut, which to choose? Pecans and Walnuts are from the same Hickory fruit family and thus often […]
- Calories in Freemans Organic Farm ProduceFreemans Organic Farm, located in Queensland’s Currumbin Valley deep in the Gold Coast Hinterland is nothing short of a […]
- Will I lose Weight if I Stop Eating Rice?Yes, you will lose weight if you stop eating rice, IF: You usually eat rice more than 5 times […]
- Low Calorie Snacks from Coles (-100 kcal/serve)Next time you do a pantry refill, consider this list of low calorie snacks from Coles. Arranged from low […]
- Can Onion and Colgate Reduce Belly Fat?Overheard at the office coffee machine: “Can onion and Colgate really get rid of belly fat? Really? Awesome! I’m […]
- 7 Actual Ways to Lose Weight Fast in 2 WeeksHow is it possible to lose weight fast in 2 weeks at home, whilst doing things that come somewhat […]
- Overcooked Bacon, don’t Toss it Out!Overcooked bacon might not be appetising, but there’s an overwhelmingly good reason you should prefer it to perfectly done […]
- Lose Weight Naturally, do this 1 ThingThis is a short (very short) post about how to lose weight naturally by doing just one thing. And […]
- Macros and Calories in My Muscle Chef’s 7 Best MealsHow do the calories and macros in My Muscle Chef’s 7 most popular meals stack up? Let’s peel back […]
- Does Sweating Burn Fat?No, sweating does not burn fat. In fact, sweat (perspiration) might not even be an indication that you are […]
- 34 Domino’s Pizza Calories: Lowest to Highest by SliceYou’ve seen our post on calories in generic pizza by the slice, and the one about Pizza Hut, and […]
- Calories in 16 types of WhopperLet’s take a quick look at calories in the Whopper, that legendary burger which calls Hungry Jack’s (a.k.a. Burger […]
- Lemon Rind, so about that Zest…Lemon zest is the top part of lemon rind after it has been scraped, cut, grated, peeled, or pared […]
- What is Double Cream?What is double cream? Here’s your answer: Cream is Fatty Milk In the past, cream was “made” by skimming […]
- Salt has NO Calories, BUT…Dieters should avoid salt when trying to lose weight, but since salt has no calories, why? Salt is, without […]
- Calories in 28 Pizza Hut Pizzas (with pictures)Here, we riffle through the Pizza Hut menu to find out how many calories there are in their large […]
- Finger Limes DemystifiedFinger limes are becoming “a thing” now, but not many people know much about them. Read this to surprise […]
Please let us know if there is a particular topic that you would like us to research and write about. See our About page for contact details, send us a note and we will get on to it.
There’s lots more to read!
- Cashew Nuts Nutrition: calories, benefits, disadvantagesThey are growing in popularity, so let’s take a closer look at cashew nuts nutrition, calories, health benefits and disadvantages. Are there any general reasons to choose cashews over, say, almonds? Why don’t nutritionists go “nuts” over cashews?Cashew apples look differentcashew seeds below the appleCashew nuts are the seeds of the tropical cashew apple ...
- Is Panela Healthier than Sugar?It is a flavoursome choice for sweetening anything but is panela healthier than sugar? The answer is yes, but not by much. The difference between sugar and panela is literally skin deep. You will not get any detectable nutritional benefit from eating one rather than the other.To understand why, first we must think about what ...
- Nutella Ingredients demystifiedNutella ingredients demystified. Nutella is wildly popular because it tastes awesome and it is marketed like peanut butter. What’s actually in it? Is is a healthy food for everyday consumption?
- 4 Foods to Boost your Immune SystemYes, its true, some foods can boost your immune system!Eating certain foods to boost the immune systemBesides practising good hygiene and avoiding obvious sources of infection, the best thing you can do to fight infection is to keep a healthy immune system. You can give your immune system a boost every day with these 4 ...
- Swap Carbs: Top 4 WaysRead our top 4 ways to swap carbs for other nutrients! Carbs are the sugars, starches and fibres found in plant and dairy products. They are one of the three macro-nutrients your body uses to power up (the other two being fats and proteins). Studies have found that our typical Australian diet can contain relatively ...