Welcome to the Calorie Counter Australia blog!
- 7 Actual Ways to Lose Weight Fast in 2 WeeksHow is it possible to lose weight fast in 2 weeks at home, whilst doing things that come somewhat […]
- Overcooked Bacon, don’t Toss it Out!Overcooked bacon might not be appetising, but there’s an overwhelmingly good reason you should prefer it to perfectly done […]
- Lose Weight Naturally, do this 1 ThingThis is a short (very short) post about how to lose weight naturally by doing just one thing. And […]
- Macros and Calories in My Muscle Chef’s 7 Best MealsHow do the calories and macros in My Muscle Chef’s 7 most popular meals stack up? Let’s peel back […]
- Does Sweating Burn Fat?No, sweating does not burn fat. In fact, sweat (perspiration) might not even be an indication that you are […]
- 34 Domino’s Pizza Calories: Lowest to Highest by SliceYou’ve seen our post on calories in generic pizza by the slice, and the one about Pizza Hut, and […]
- Calories in 16 types of WhopperLet’s take a quick look at calories in the Whopper, that legendary burger which calls Hungry Jack’s (a.k.a. Burger […]
- Lemon Rind, so about that Zest…Lemon zest is the top part of lemon rind after it has been scraped, cut, grated, peeled, or pared […]
- What is Double Cream?What is double cream? Here’s your answer: Cream is Fatty Milk In the past, cream was “made” by skimming […]
- Salt has NO Calories, BUT…Dieters should avoid salt when trying to lose weight, but since salt has no calories, why? Salt is, without […]
- Calories in 28 Pizza Hut Pizzas (with pictures)Here, we riffle through the Pizza Hut menu to find out how many calories there are in their large […]
- Finger Limes DemystifiedFinger limes are becoming “a thing” now, but not many people know much about them. Read this to surprise […]
- 471 and Every Other Coded Emulsifier in FoodEmulsifier is a word you will see on many different food labels, but what does it mean exactly? What […]
- Calories and Carbs in BeerPeople ask us all the time: “How many calories in beer?”. It is our pleasure to present you with […]
- 47 Easiest Ways to Lose Your Toxic Weight Fast!We need to know how to lose weight fast, because sometimes the urge rushes over us and we must […]
- Flour in Australia Q & AIn Australia we often come across recipes, food labels, and informative articles about flour which make us go hmmmm? […]
- Ideal Body Weight CalculatorUse our calcount Ideal Body Weight (IBW) Calculator to compute the “perfect” weight for your height and gender. Simply […]
- Trout VS Salmon VS TunaTrout VS Salmon VS Tuna means calories and nutrition in trout, compared to salmon, compared to tuna, let’s go! […]
- Broccoli CaloriesHow many calories does broccoli have? Take a quick scroll through this short post to get a good handle […]
- Waist to Hip Ratio: Your Ideal NumberYour waist to hip ratio (WHR) could be a better indicator of healthy body weight than body mass index […]
Please let us know if there is a particular topic that you would like us to research and write about. See our About page for contact details, send us a note and we will get on to it.
There’s lots more to read!
- 4 Foods to Boost your Immune SystemYes, its true, some foods can boost your immune system!Eating certain foods to boost the immune systemBesides practising good hygiene and avoiding obvious sources of infection, the best thing you can do to fight infection is to keep a healthy immune system. You can give your immune system a boost every day with these 4 ...
- Swap Carbs: Top 4 WaysRead our top 4 ways to swap carbs for other nutrients! Carbs are the sugars, starches and fibres found in plant and dairy products. They are one of the three macro-nutrients your body uses to power up (the other two being fats and proteins). Studies have found that our typical Australian diet can contain relatively ...
- Best 3 FishBased on our criteria of nutrition, price and availability, uniqueness, taste and low-calories, let’s talk about the best 3 fish you can eat.
- Christmas Calories Survival GuideThis is a Christmas Calories Survival Guide for Australian Calorie Counters!Christmas in Australia almost always includes tradition, family, friends, food, drink and binge eating. It is a tough season for the calorie-conscious, so we made this short guide to surviving each aspect of Christmas without packing on the kilos:TraditionChristmas traditions date back into the mists ...
- Antinutrients are a Real Thing but Don’t WorryAntinutrients are a real thing but don’t worry about them too much unless you suffer from some specific diseases and ailments. What are Antinutrients? Most people know what a nutrient is: a beneficial substance which living things use to grow, survive and reproduce. The word “antinutrient” has started to come into general usage recently. It sounds scary ...