Welcome to the Calorie Counter Australia blog!
- Calories in ToothpasteEver wondered if there are calories in toothpaste? The short and simple answer is yes, most toothpastes contain calories. […]
- Low Carb Bread in Australia (lowest to highest)Our simple list of low carb bread available in Australia, ranked from lowest to highest carbohydrates per 100 grams. […]
- 5 Components of Fitness: Test Yourself!Use the 5 Components of Fitness to test your level of fitness. Calorie is King, but it is still […]
- Pecan VS Walnut Differences ExplainedPecan versus walnut, which to choose? Pecans and Walnuts are from the same Hickory fruit family and thus often […]
- Calories in Freemans Organic Farm ProduceFreemans Organic Farm, located in Queensland’s Currumbin Valley deep in the Gold Coast Hinterland is nothing short of a […]
- Will I lose Weight if I Stop Eating Rice?Yes, you will lose weight if you stop eating rice, IF: You usually eat rice more than 5 times […]
- Low Calorie Snacks from Coles (-100 kcal/serve)Next time you do a pantry refill, consider this list of low calorie snacks from Coles. Arranged from low […]
- Can Onion and Colgate Reduce Belly Fat?Overheard at the office coffee machine: “Can onion and Colgate really get rid of belly fat? Really? Awesome! I’m […]
- 7 Actual Ways to Lose Weight Fast in 2 WeeksHow is it possible to lose weight fast in 2 weeks at home, whilst doing things that come somewhat […]
- Overcooked Bacon, don’t Toss it Out!Overcooked bacon might not be appetising, but there’s an overwhelmingly good reason you should prefer it to perfectly done […]
- Lose Weight Naturally, do this 1 ThingThis is a short (very short) post about how to lose weight naturally by doing just one thing. And […]
- Macros and Calories in My Muscle Chef’s 7 Best MealsHow do the calories and macros in My Muscle Chef’s 7 most popular meals stack up? Let’s peel back […]
- Does Sweating Burn Fat?No, sweating does not burn fat. In fact, sweat (perspiration) might not even be an indication that you are […]
- 34 Domino’s Pizza Calories: Lowest to Highest by SliceYou’ve seen our post on calories in generic pizza by the slice, and the one about Pizza Hut, and […]
- Calories in 16 types of WhopperLet’s take a quick look at calories in the Whopper, that legendary burger which calls Hungry Jack’s (a.k.a. Burger […]
- Lemon Rind, so about that Zest…Lemon zest is the top part of lemon rind after it has been scraped, cut, grated, peeled, or pared […]
- What is Double Cream?What is double cream? Here’s your answer: Cream is Fatty Milk In the past, cream was “made” by skimming […]
- Salt has NO Calories, BUT…Dieters should avoid salt when trying to lose weight, but since salt has no calories, why? Salt is, without […]
- Calories in 28 Pizza Hut Pizzas (with pictures)Here, we riffle through the Pizza Hut menu to find out how many calories there are in their large […]
- Finger Limes DemystifiedFinger limes are becoming “a thing” now, but not many people know much about them. Read this to surprise […]
Please let us know if there is a particular topic that you would like us to research and write about. See our About page for contact details, send us a note and we will get on to it.
There’s lots more to read!
- 191 Calories per Serve: Tasty, Nutritious Fig BrowniesThis is a recipe for Brownies with an unusual ingredient: Figs. Moist, chewy and so easy, these Fig Brownies are made with rich dark chocolate, crunchy toasted walnuts and sweet, delicious, nutritious dried figs. Taste and health have joined together with simple directions to deliver brownies fit for every day or special occasions. Fossilised figs have been ...
- Running and NutritionRunning is one of the best ways to help maintain your body’s physical well-being. It is as natural as walking and if you have ever tried a regular running programme you will know how good it is for your stamina. With proper cautions in place, a running programme is a great cardiovascular exercise that gets ...
- Can You Lose Hair by Eating Badly?Yes, you can. You can suffer distressing hair loss if you do not maintain a healthy diet rich in the essential nutrients that your hair needs. The good news is that, if you do happen to suffer hair loss because of poor nutrition, most of it may re-grow if you make the switch to a ...
- “Eating for Two”: How to Eat for a Healthy PregnancyYou have just found out you are pregnant, so there has never been a more critical time to eat well. The health risks to both yourself and your unborn child are magnified if you do not eat a good balance of nutritious foods before, during, and after your pregnancy. Fortunately, eating well has never been ...
- 5 Ways to Deal with ObesityAccording to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, almost a third of all the adults in our country are clinically obese. That means, when you step into a lift with eleven other people in Sydney and look around, four of you could be cast as the “Before” person in one of those dieting club videos you ...